5.25.2013

Huge improvement @ Fiat Caffè



My previous dining experience in Fiat was, frankly speaking, good but hardly memorable. Even the famous fig with ricotta cheese failed to persuade me to come back. However, I found that many foodies tried its new menu these days; some of the new dishes look pretty appealing.
  
To begin with, we had French Beans, Goat Cheese Walnuts and Balsamic Bianco Salad. 
These were all usual ingredients of my home-made salad. Fresh French beans, creamy and tangy goat cheese, and walnuts was a classic, if a bit conservative, combination. The French beans were well cooked and crunchy. The portion of Balsamic Bianco dressing was perhaps so generous that some may not like it, however. A little bit of fine-tuning would make it a good appetizer.

Another appetizer I picked was fig and ricotta, which came with Parma ham this time. I happily found that a healthy portion of olive oil was added. Apparently, Fiat did take note of the comments. Ham was what you paid for. Ricotta was delicious as usual, but I was not lucky enough to get some really sweet figs. 
Pecorino cheese spaghetti was one of the dishes on the menu that caught my attention. I certainly appreciate the choice of Pecorino cheese. The spaghetti were covered by the tangy Pecorino cheese and the cheddar nest went well with it. I finished the whole nest on my own, although it was slightly oily. 

Mussels were cooked to perfect with a welcoming smell of butter. While the white wine sauce was not a wow. It was delicious enough for me to finish all the bread with it. 

Desserts were the best of the night. Although both of them were rich in alcohol flavour, they were complex and moist for my liking. Galliano Syrup was added to the peaches to balance the wine taste and was topped with light vanilla cream. 

My Affogato was more like tiramisu. I loved it very much. The mascarpone was creamy and the ladyfinger soaked with coffee and wine to the fullest. This dessert might be too strong in flavour to some people, but not me, a coffee and wine lover. If there was something to complain about, it was a bit soggy. 


I must say Fiat had improved quite a lot, though things could be improved here and there. At least, I did not find the menu boring this separates Fiat from many other Italian restaurants in the town. If I happen to be in Causeway Bay and want to have something causal, I will pay a visit here. 

Fiat Caffè
Shop G5-G6, Leighton Centre, 77 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay

Food: wwwwww
Service:wwwwwww
Environment:  wwwwww
 

沒有留言:

發佈留言