11.05.2012

Quick salad lunch for working people @ Manzo Italian Steak House

I was starving after several hours of walk in the weekend morning. The first few things that popped up in my mind are pumpkin and grilled bell pepper. As I recalled that Mezzo offered semi-lunch buffet with salad bar which I had not tried, I did not bother to find another restaurant.
When we sat down, there were only a few tables of customers. I skipped the main course and went for the salad bar only after glimpsing the main course choices. It is always happy to see some colourful veggie. Apart from my desired pumpkin and bell pepper, there were also corn, artichoke, green beans, fried mushrooms, potato, bread and pickles.
 
Driven away by the very dry bread, I used pumpkin and corn to fill my starch quota. The salad were all generously covered with olive oil. I was glad that the bell pepper and pumpkin were juicy, although it would be perfect if they were grilled for a tiny little bit longer. Those fried mushroom and green beans salad apparently needed more seasonings other than olive oil. 
 



















The salad bar of course offered something more than veggie. Half of the wooden table was filled by ham, cheese and seafood salad, but I doubt if they were only placed to comfort the non-vegetarian as they were either tasteless or dry except surprisingly the melon.



CM would not call it a day if there werent any meat. His main course, bolognese penne, was a safe choice for a steak house. At least, the penne was not overcooked. There was nothing to complain about with that price.
Desserts bar was also included in the buffet. I only had chocolate tart out of the three choices. Luckily, the taste of chocolate was strong enough to be a nice end of my lunch. Given the affordable price ($98 for salad buffet), it is a choice for those health conscious people working in Causeway Bay to fill themselves up with reasonably good food without costing too much.























Manzo Italian Steak House 
Shop 1104, 11/F, Times Square,1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay



Food: wwwww
Service:wwwwww
Environment: wwwwwww

沒有留言:

發佈留言