8.18.2012

Fresh ingredients with mediocre techniques @ Ole Spanish Restaurant


My colleague has recommended this Spanish restaurant to me ages ago. As her annual leave is multiple times than mine, she can take a half day leave and have lunch in weekdays here. Failed to withstand her urge, I also took a half day leave and came for a lunch which was definitely not worth for.


There were not many choices for the 3-courses set lunch. CM and I both go for a salad as appetizer. My choice was bell pepper salad with goat cheese. It was not a crunchy salad. The sweetness of bell pepper and the slight tanginess of goat cheese blended so well together. 

CM’s tuna and egg salad was refreshing too. It was difficult to go wrong with this classic combination. 

Instead of ordering two main courses, we picked the seafood paella (for two to share) which I believe most first comers would do the same. The paella was placed on the
There were many squid pieces but only a few prawn and mussels. I really missed the generous portion of seafood in Fandango’s. 
The rice was quite chewy and moist. It was slightly sweet with a hint of prawn. However, I did expect heavily seasoned rice. This one was far worse than the Fandango’s which used lobster broth to cook the rice. What made it more disappointing is the lack of toasted rice at the bottom which was the most enjoyable part~!
After the disappointing paella, I did not have much expectation on the desserts. For the sake of fresh ingredients, my poached pear was safe. The taste of wine and sweetness were well balanced. This light and fresh dessert was a good pair with the seafood paella.

On the contrary, CM’s crème brulee was less appealing. The sugar crust was too thick that we could hardly break it. I was so disappointed with the chef’s sloppy cooking. Luckily, the pudding was very smooth and creamy even though it was a bit too sweet to me.

It was not a stunning lunch as I expected. If you work nearby, you can have a go. If not, there are still better choices in town. Don’t know if dinner would be a better experience, but I will not return for lunch anyway.
 

Ole Spanish Restaurant
中環雪廠街24-30號順豪商業大廈1樓



Food: wwwww1/2w
Service:wwwww
Environment: wwwww1/2w
 

沒有留言:

發佈留言